No.417, corner of 63 rd & 22nd Road Mandalay Aung Myae Tha Zan Township
           English   Français   Deutsch   Italiano   Español
News
Charity Group of Hotel by the Red Canal,Mandalay Served at Kuthodaw Pagoda

The World’s Largest Book The Kuthodaw Pagoda or Maha Lawka Marazein Paya is located at the base of the southeast stairways to Mandalay Hill and was built by King Mindon at the same time he was constructing the Royal Palace. Its central stupa is modeled on the Shwezigon at Nyaung U near Bagan. The Charity Group of the Hotel by the Red Canal, Mandalay painted the campus of the Kuthodaw Pagoda, known as World’s Largest Book Heritage site on 11.11.2016.They announced at the Hotel social media page that anyone who wishes to join them in helping preserve one of the most important monuments in Mandalay. The stupa itself, connected to the outside entry by means of a long corridor, is set in the middle of a thirteen acre field of 729 pitaka pagodas or shrines (Dama Cetis). Each shrine contains a marble slab, inscribed on both sides with the Pali script text of a portion the Tipitaka (Pali spelling, or Tripitaka, in Sanskrit), Theravada Buddhism’s sacred texts. Taken together, they contain the entire text of the Tipitaka and thus form “the world’s largest book.” The slabs were carved from white Sagyin Hill marble found just a few miles north of […]

Comments: 0
Hotel by the Red Canal Charity Group served at “Sandamuni Pagoda”,Mandalay

The charity group of the Hotel by the Red Canal, Mandalay performed cleaning of the campus of the Sandamuni Pagoda on 29.09.2016 at 3:00pm. This group wishes to help preservation of the most important monuments and historical heritage sites in Mandalay! The Sanda Muni Buddha Image is situated to the South-East of the Mandalay Hill.It was commissioned by King Mindon Min in 1874 as a memorial to Mindon Min’s younger brother, Kanaung Mintha, who was assassinated along with 3 princes, Malun, Saku, and Maingpyin, during the 1866 Myingun Prince rebellion. This pagoda contains the graves of the Kanaung, Sagu Mintha, Malun and Maingpyin Princes. It also contains an iron image of the Buddha cast by Bodawpaya in 1802, and removed from Amarapura by Mindon in 1874.The statue reportedly weighs 40,924.8 pounds (18,563.2 kg).

Comments: 0